Take the 2-minute tour ×
Music: Practice & Theory Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for musicians, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Can anyone tell me what is the percussion instrument used in the intro of "It's raining men" ?

You can hear it here

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by NReilingh Aug 27 '13 at 11:22

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions on identifying (or finding) a particular song, genre, instrument, etc. are off-topic since they are rarely useful to future readers." – NReilingh
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

1 Answer 1

up vote 1 down vote accepted

I don't have the video (thanks GEMA) but if it's the same as spotify, the left hand side is a shaker, and the right-hand side is a triangle, played muted/unmuted, in a typical disco pattern.

The shaker could also be shaker eggs. You can palm a couple in one hand if you need the other hand for something else; or you could have two in each hands (but in that case just use the larger shaker).

Hope that helps :)

share|improve this answer
That seems right, thanks ! –  Julien Aug 27 '13 at 10:09
I guessed you'd get marked as "off topic", but glad I could help :) –  Faelkle Aug 27 '13 at 11:29

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.