Music: Practice & Theory Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for musicians, students, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I heard it can be done only on Floyd Rose, haven't tryed on regular though.

share|improve this question

Yes you need a tremolo of some sort; play a note, depress the tremolo (this will slacken the strings); catch the nearest natural harmonic, pull back on the tremolo, distortion and reverb will help you get the Dime sound.

Check out this video from the man himself

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.