Music: Practice & Theory Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for musicians, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a roland microcube and I can't find a replacement for it's broken strap. I'm trying to find some kind of a short strap that would be suitable for use with this amp as on the image.

Any idea?

share|improve this question
Auto breaker's yard - seat belt. – Tim Aug 5 '14 at 19:20

You can use any strap or belt that you would normally use and just cut it down to size. This could be a seat belt, as Tim pointed out, or you could use a normal guitar strap.

Once cut, make sure you seal the end against fraying - many straps just need heat sealing.

Sorting the ends isn't that tricky - you can get the end pieces from various shops that sell parts for amps, and most just clamp on. Some will need a hole cut through the strap, but this can be easily done with a drill.

share|improve this answer
you've not tried drilling through webbing (as in seat-belt material), have you !!? A hole punch or hot nail are more successful. – Tim Aug 6 '14 at 6:59
I've always just used a sharp drill bit (as I've never had a suitable hole punch) - hot nail sounds a good idea though. – Dr Mayhem Aug 6 '14 at 7:47

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.