I have a Jackson Dinky DK2M with two Seymour Duncan Humbucker pickups and a floyd rose tremolo on it. It is producing a strange `warble' noise on G string, especially on higher frets like 12th, 15th, 17th. It only appears when I use a high gain (distortion) and more noticeable when using neck pickup. I cannot hear it when using a clean channel. It is like you are tuning your strings according to another string, e.g., high E open vs. B 5th, and they are slightly out of tune. The tone sounds like vibrating, not smooth, and seems killing the sustain.
I know it is hard to describe and thus I recorded a bit, you can checked it out here. It is recorded through a Peavy Vypyr 30W using a `6505' model, the pre-gain is set to highest. I used a 1mm pick. I played 15th, 17th and 12th on G string. The quality may not be so good since I used a iPhone to record it. If anyone will like to hear a better one I can surely do it.
I also searched and found some suggestions to this, but none of them solve my problem, here's a list and my result:
- I have tuned the action and bridge high enough such that there is no bret buzz.
- I changed the string several times but it does not work. From D'addario to Ernie Ball to Fender, from .09 to .11.
- It is not an amp problem, I took it to a local store and tried several amps.
- I took it to a local store, and this confused all the techs there.
- Lower the pickup. I make both pickups the lowest but no use.
- Someone said it is the magnet not synchronized, see here. I followed what he suggested, but not help at all.
- Some said it is called 'stratitis'. I am not so sure what it means, but looks like it is related to the pole piece on a Fender Stratocaster, and they suggest to lower the pickup and change the strings, which I already did.
- Some articles said it is related to a plain or a wounded G string. I am not sure if I have tried this, since I did used a set of D'addario wounded string, but cannot recall if I used it on this guitar.
- I found some one has the same problem as me here.
This is really freaking me out. I really hope some one can help me to solve it. Thanks in advance.