Music: Practice & Theory Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for musicians, students, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I recently discovered that I need to replace the edge-knives on my chrome black EDGE III tremolo but I cannot find them on the Ibanez website nor on Ebay. Could anyone tell me where to buy them (online or in a shop)?

P.S. I live in Brussels, Belgium

share|improve this question

I don't believe that they are individually replaceable. I think you will have to order a complete replacement tremolo.

See this site, which says:

The knife edges of the trem become worn or damaged and require filing to get back to a proper knife edge. This is also rarely seen on Edge variants [except Edge3!] and some "mating" of the parts is actually preferred as they form to each other, and their specific use. Cheaper trems are more prone to wear. The same procedure as fixing a fat/flat knife edge, see this section to walk you through shaping the knives. Note, you do NOT want the knives sharp. You cannot replace knife edges if you screw them up or they're shot, Ibanez refuses to sell them, or the trem baseplates alone, you need to replace the bridge at that point.

Here is the knife edge-sharpening page mentioned.

share|improve this answer

Perhaps you'll have to order a new base plate.

Some people try to resharp their, but it has to be really well done, and will probably affect the intonation.

share|improve this answer
Fabio - this doesn't add anything over the existing answer. – Dr Mayhem Dec 31 '15 at 22:09

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.