I am currently off work for more or less a month, so I decided it could be a great time to learn an instrument and how to compose some simple tunes.
I am 29, never played anything meaningful in my life, know very little to nothing about music theory but I can comfortably read notes on a score.
Asking a search engine for suggestions brought me to the music section of stackexchange and particulary to this question. After some thought I am planning to buy the Kaossilator 2 becase I feel/think:
- it is not too expensive for me (less than 200$) (otherwise I would have fancied a Teenage engineering OP1;
- it can be completely silent (commuting home->work->home takes quite a long time, I would like to be able to practice in crowded places (without annoying anyone);
- it is extremely portable (for the above commuting);
- it can be played even without being plugged to a pc (otherwise I would have chosen this korg nano keyboard);
- it can study some music theory with it;
- in some six months I will be able to show some decent performance with it (so to say, I hope it has a bit of depth and is not just a toy).
Since (as I said), I know nothing of music and musical instruments, I would like to have someone savvy to 'validate' my points; alternative suggestions/idead would be appreciated, too!
I am sorry I haven't 'linkified' but, as it is my first question, stackexchange only allows me to have two hyperlinks.