Tag Info

New answers tagged


Every acoustic instrumentalist needs a means to transfer the vibrations of his/her instrument to electric signal. This can be done with a microphone or a pickup. If you wish to use a microphone, you will need to "close mike." To ensure that no other instruments are "heard" by the microphone, close-miking involves having a microphone be placed in close ...


You don't say if you're playing with a band using a house PA or are playing solo so my answer is going to be a little broad, but maybe that's good for the other folks. I'm not going to put any links into this answer because you can google all of these phrases to find what you need. Teh Internetz luvs to sell stuff to musicians. A DI unit, DI box, ...

Top 50 recent answers are included