I'm learning piano by myself and posted here in the past because I really like the feedback you provide. Now I have improved a bit and wanted to share a new recording with the hope to get feedback.
Here is the video (unlisted):
I already know that:
- a) I'm hitting too many wrong keys.
- Strategy: Practice the song again and again, slowly if I make mistakes. Really focus on the sections where the mistakes happen, but also try to play the whole song to maintain my focus for longer periods of time.
- b) I am playing the song too slowly (around 75% of the intended tempo)
- Strategy: I am trying to make one part faster at a time, always working on the slowest part. For that, I practice slow and fast, alternating between the two to make sure I push myself but then go back to playing it nicely without mistakes.
- c) My rhythm is slightly off and some parts are too fast compared to others.
- Strategy: This is really hard, if I play super slow I can count or use a metronome. At faster speeds, I just play the midi file (song on my PC) along and try to hit the keys at exactly the same time.
- d) The loudness or energy is not at the point where I want it to be.
- Probably the hardest. As soon as I focus on how I want it to sound I mess up a) b) and c) so I am struggling with this one. Maybe this will come once I master the others.
But I would love to know what other problems I have and how I can solve them. Especially if it is very concrete and actionable feedback. I know that some will say that this song is too hard for me. That might be true, but I want to give it all I got regardless.