For a tool I'm developing, I'd like to have a database of all playable chords (and voicings) on guitar.
"playable" would mean either :
- any position that the human with the biggest stretch could play
- all chords that were ever used (maybe by looking as some tab database ?)
- Any other reasonable criteria
Ideally it would include :
- every voicing (and all inversions and partial chords)
- all common tunings
- It's probably pushing it, but 7 and 8 string chords could be represented too
- proper labels (tuning, chord name, fret numbers or notes played/muted).
I found a lot of lists of chords but they're not exhaustive at all.
As some online tools are able to identify chords and propose alternatives, I thought maybe they'd use a database of some sort ? And if so there might be a version of this database in the open ?
I'll also happily take any hint as to how to build it myself, and If you know an equivalent for another instrument (piano ?) it'll be useful too!