I've been wondering if there's a specific name for the following pattern, 3 examples with timestamps:

Maybe it should be something like descending 4 note pattern with string alteration?

  • 1
    I've never seen a name for it, but it is a common practice/etude pattern for instruments. Similar to how ascending thirds pattern is often used for practice – Alphonso Balvenie Jul 9 at 4:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.