What type of guitar this? This is the only picture available.

unknown guitar

  • There are numerous pictures on the Rickenbacker site. The R is a good clue. – Tim Dec 2 '20 at 12:12
  • How is someone supposed to know to go to the Rickenbacker site to find those pictures? And I don't see an "R." Even if I did, how would I know that that stood for "Rickenbacker?" – Wayne Conrad Dec 2 '20 at 16:48
  • @WayneConrad: It doesn't jump out at you, but there's a nice shiny R under the person's right thumb, incorporated into the...whateveritscalled. – TonyK Dec 2 '20 at 17:18
  • OK, Now I see it. Weird how plain it is now when it was invisible to me before. – Wayne Conrad Dec 2 '20 at 17:39
  • @TonyK that's a tailpiece – Dave Jacoby Dec 2 '20 at 21:14

It look very much like a Rickenbacker, more specifically a 340-Mapleglo (see images here). And regarding the type of guitar: it is a six-string hollow-body electric guitar.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.