I am guessing the wavy line from one chord up to another chord is called "double mordent," from my looking online. How it is played?

  • I have added an answer based on Double Mordent - it is a wavy line, but it doesn't have anything to do with chords.
    – Doktor Mayhem
    Commented Jul 29, 2013 at 18:33
  • 4
    Are you talking about a Glissando?
    – Luke_0
    Commented Jul 29, 2013 at 20:26

1 Answer 1


From Merriam Webster:

Definition of DOUBLE MORDENT

a melodic ornamentation consisting of four grace notes or tones preceding a principal note or tone and executed by a rapid alternation of a principal tone with its lower auxiliary tone

The important point appears to be the playing of the grace notes as fast as possible

From http://beabetterproducer.com/:

In the case of both mordent and double-mordent the tones are sounded as quickly as possible, the time taken by the embellishment being subtracted from the value of the principal note as printed.

enter image description here -

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.