Is there a name for this rhythm? I usually hear it used as a rhythmic cadence at the end of a metal song, usually at the end of a chorus. Seen it appear lots of times but have never been able to find a name for it.

  • What is the time signature?
    – Tim
    Aug 14, 2021 at 14:33
  • It's in 4/4, think "Number of the beast"
    – ojs
    Aug 14, 2021 at 14:54
  • It happens over 2 bars of 4/4. The pulse of the drums changes giving it a different feel. youtube.com/watch?v=mVnL2FGUSUA for example in the chorus of this song, the pulse of the drums are normal until 2:00 where it changes to this rhythm. To function as a sort of rhythmic cadence.
    – MiaLee
    Aug 14, 2021 at 15:39


Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.