Does this guitar playing technique have a name which is being looped in this short preview? I don't know how to produce this kind of sound and which effects to use to achieve this. Any ideas?


  • 2
    What guitar…? The predominant instrument sounds like a Clavinet.
    – Tetsujin
    Sep 7 '21 at 10:41
  • 2
    Sorry, there's no guitar there! Clavinet, maybe. Listen to Superstition.
    – Tim
    Sep 7 '21 at 10:52
  • 2
    @user45266 I know, right? My guess is it falls under the "make sure question/answer can help future people" doctrine. In this case, the reference value of this question is "Hey, here's a sample of how a Clavinet sounds, but tagged with 'guitar.'" But surely one could imagine a technique question that should be on-topic; maybe we should discuss on Meta what it would look like. Sep 7 '21 at 20:57
  • 2
  • 1
    @AndyBonner to be honest, I didn't read the whole tour - my bad. I just took a quick look at other questions, and thought this should fit here. However as I really thought it's kind of a guitar sound, I made my question unintentionally ontopic, but if I asked what kind of instrument it is, i'd be offtopic now. Luckily I got an answer, however not sure if this point in the rules is not too strict in a stackexchange called 'music'.
    – clementino
    Sep 8 '21 at 15:02