I'm a beginner and recently bought my mini amp (borne strike g30) but it keeps picking up radio signals and making a really annoying buzz. When I change rooms sometimes the buzz will either go up or down. When I touch metal parts in my guitar it also gets a little better. I don't know if it's a grounding issue, but I hope not (cause I can't really do anything about technical stuff). Don't really know what to do, anyone got some advice? Thanks!
The things that cause buzz:
- Poor ground or shielding on the guitar
- Poor quality lead
- Poor ground or shielding on your amp
- Dodgy wiring in the house
We have a number of questions on each of these already that should have your answer, but for simplicity try the following:
- use another guitar, if the problem remains it isn't the guitar
- use another lead to rule it out
- try a different amp if those two don't help.