I've seen several tab notations like the following:

enter image description here

What does it mean? You hold the original note for a bar, then do a "soft pulloff" (take your finger off the fretboard) for the next bar?

1 Answer 1


That's how I understand it, yes. I often find this sort of notation in tapping parts.

Make sure that you time the first note's vibrato to the moment where you transition to the second note with a pulloff. ;)


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.