Is there a name for this rhythm or does it come from something? It almost sounds like triplets, but it's not.

enter image description here

  • It may not be immediately obvious that this question is a duplicate of the one proposed, but that question includes this one, and the answer can be found in the post by GavinH.
    – Aaron
    Oct 23, 2022 at 4:30
  • Thank you. The answer is in there, although the rhythm the OP posted was different and that answer is something "close" which is the thing I was asking about, which is apparently the tresillo.
    – npancoast
    Oct 23, 2022 at 5:14
  • Glad you got your answer. FWIW, the second rhythm of the two in the question is equivalent to yours.
    – Aaron
    Oct 23, 2022 at 6:15
  • 1
    Does this answer your question? This is specific to your rhythm of 12312312 - music.stackexchange.com/questions/39641/… - it is called Calypso Oct 23, 2022 at 6:57


Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.