I have this Vantage VS-696 guitar for decades that I used to use as a "Silent guitar" and never plugged in any amp.
Today I'm plugging it into a DSM & Humboldt Simplifier and I fail to understand what is the exact use of its controls.
Anyone knowing this guitar ?
As far as I understand it :
- Pickup selector Neck/Both/Bridge
- Neck pickup volume or master volume ?
- Bridge pickup volume ?
- Neck pickup split (Single vs. Double)
I don't exclude technical issues with the guitar also that could explain its strange behaviour.
Its "strange" behaviours are:
- In the Middle pickup selection (so Both pickups), setting (2) to 0 leads to no sound, whatever the position of (3) is. But when (2) is raised to 1 or more, then there is sound (while in Bridge position, (2) has no effect)
- In the Middle pickup selection (so Both pickups), setting (3) to 0 leads to no sound, whatever the position of (2) is. But when (3) is raised to 1 or more, then there is sound.
- (6) has little effect in Bridge position or Middle position. Certainly as (5) has in Neck position.
Some more pictures and drawings##
It is not clear whether the white cable from knob 4 is connected to knob 3
The green cable from the incoming cable 2 seems to be connected to nothing.
Black cables (I guess the neutral point)
EDIT: (I'm confused) it is VS-696 and not a 635
EDIT: added some of the strange behaviours
EDIT: Added pictures and drawings