I like the B flat minor chord on my 48 Bass accordion. I play F minor to go up one "tick" (don't know the proper word), but what could I play to go down a tick? There's no A flat minor.

  • 1
    If one tick up from Bbmi is Fmi, shouldn't one tick down from Bbmi be Ebmi, not Abmi?
    – Divizna
    Aug 16 at 13:09
  • @Divizna how did you determine that?
    – reign
    Aug 16 at 13:14
  • I kind of assumed that the shift by a "tick" should be a consistent interval. From Bb to F, it's a fifth up. A fifth down from Bb is Eb.
    – Divizna
    Aug 16 at 13:40
  • @Divizna How would I determine what the fifth down of any note is myself?
    – reign
    Aug 16 at 13:50
  • You need to know the tones and how they come after one another, and the intervals. It's something like the very first thing in musical theory to learn (well, possibly after some basics of rhythm). From there it becomes obvious.
    – Divizna
    Aug 16 at 14:05


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.