This is a follow-up question to my previous question.
I have made a transcription using Guitar Pro 8 of a song with the following structure:
Intro, A, B, A, B, A, Coda
Guitar Pro 8 outputs and plays audio according to what is written on the sheet. After creating the score on my previous question for this transcription -- which did not output the intended structure in the output audio playback -- I created the following one, which did output the intended audio playback (the content of the bars was replaced by whole notes for simplicity):
My idea here was that at the end of the first iteration of the loop, it would pick up the Dal Segno and go back to section A for the second iteration. Then on the end of the second iteration it would pick up the D.S.S al Coda and go back to section A for the third iteration. Then it would reach the Da Coda at the end of section A and jump directly to the Coda.
This solution worked as desired when playing the output audio, but this seems very ambiguous notation to me and it honestly seems yet another case of crazy Guitar Pro behavior.
- Is it allowed to put combinations of Segno, Segno Segno, Coda and Double Coda) on the same bar (like in bar 3)?
- Is it allowed to put combinations of D.S. (al Coda/Fine/Double Coda) and D.S.S. (al Coda/Fine/Double Coda) on the same bar (like in bar 15)?
- Assuming that the answer to the two previous questions is yes, then how is it decided which navigation symbol on bar 3 to jump to first in this example? Is it always the one that does not have al Coda appended to the correspoding Da Segno / Da Segno Segno / Da Capo on bar 15?
- Is the score that I presented above valid for this case?
I found some very informative posts about nested repeats and their mixed usage with Segno/Coda navigation marks, but none of them refer to this specific case. The posts I read are:
- Dal Segno al Coda and repeats in Guitar Pro. This last one really confirms what I already suspected, which is that Guitar Pro makes its own assumptions when navigation marks such as Da Segno/Da Coda are mixed with repeat signs and sometimes the playback of the audio is unexpected when compared to the sheet.
- Are there established good practices for how to use musical navigation markers correctly?