I started playing Take Me Out To the Ball Game by ear on the piano and I find that I have been making several mistakes in knowing what note comes next. I don't know the lyrics well but I am familiar with the tune.
- Is there any added benefit in playing without the score?
- Will it make it a better musician?
- Will it help me with composing later?
- Does this count as ear training?
- Does it help with any form of theory?
- If any of the above is true, is it the fastest way to learn any of the above as an adult with other responsibilities like work, exercise, family?