Is there a term for a fading echo of a note or chord? And how might someone create this effect in a modern DAW based on recording a single note or chord on a keyboard or guitar?

I've done a search and can't find any info on this.

I hear this effect best at 5:36 (and beyond) in this song. I think a keyboard is being played.

Thanks for any help.

  • 2
    That’s just a delay effect Commented Jan 11 at 20:33
  • 1
    In the terminology of synths and guitar effects, "decay" can be a useful word for getting progressively softer Commented Jan 11 at 20:38
  • 1
    Bingo! Thanks Todd. It's explained at 4:52 here youtube.com/watch?v=0jVkui7DAEI
    – Steve
    Commented Jan 11 at 20:51
  • There is not really a musical term for it because it is an effect created with technology. Commented Jan 11 at 20:52


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.