Not the part of the piano that typically has the brand name on it, but the piece of wood that is under the keyboard and is in full view of the pianist.

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


The keybed is the part of the piano under the keyboard that supports the keyboard and stops the downward movement of the keys.

The key slip is the panel of wood in front of the white keys and keybed.

piano parts


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.