I'm the proud new owner of a used Pitbull 50-CL I got cheap at guitar center, but it didn't come with a footpedal. Now VHT is Freyette, I'm not sure where I could get one. Could I use something generic if I can't get the real deal?


Pitbulls come with two different types of control connectors for footswitch functions. If your Pitbull uses the standard 1/4" TR connector like this one does:

1/4 connector

Then you can use any 1/4" TR type footswitch to control the amp's functions. You'll want latching switches.

Now if it has this DIN-style connector seen here:

DIN-style connector

Then you're probably better off just contacting Freyette. Sourcing the right plug and wiring up a switch for the functions will probably cost you as much as a new one straight from Freyette. Freyette is a good company and I'm sure they'll be able to help you source one either locally, or get you set up with one from their stock. They still use the DIN-style connector on their newest amps.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.