My digital piano has a "harpvox" voice setting that sounds rather interesting with broad echo and low overtones feeling even for the the middle or high notes. Is it a real instrument or an invention of the manufacturer? I cannot Google anything reasonable about "harpvox".

  • 1
    Any chance you could post a sample?! Dec 11, 2014 at 20:15
  • 10
    My guess is that the sound designers took the words harp and vox (which means voice) and stuck them together to describe a synthesized, original sound.
    – Kevin
    Dec 11, 2014 at 21:23
  • 4
    Interesting: "harp/vox" is a sound name available on lots of digital keyboards, but not with any specific definition. So it's almost certainly a synthesized effect that's become semistandard despite not having a pedigree. Dec 12, 2014 at 13:06

1 Answer 1


"Kevin" has made a correct guess.

No. ;-)

  • Can you add a little more to this answer?
    – Dom
    Dec 18, 2014 at 23:44
  • It pretty much does provide an answer to the question. Is it an existing instrument? No.
    – slim
    Dec 19, 2014 at 13:50
  • Something with the reference to this sound, how it has been designed and that is for sure computer generated, would be better. However as of having nothing else, I accept this. Probable the answer is really no.
    – h22
    Jan 15, 2015 at 15:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.