On Sunday I am going to take a entry level exam in music theory. They didn't give me any sample exam or references to where can I learn this stuff. All I have is a list of what will be in the exam (Translated from Hebrew):
Written Theory exam:
- Scales - building and identifying the major and minor (natural,harmonic,melodic) scales.
- Modes - building and identifying the different modes: Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Locrian
- Intervals - building and identifying intervals on every note.
- Triads and their inversions - building and identifying Triads and their inversions (Major, Minor, Augmented, Diminished)
- Seventh chords and their inversions - building and identifying the following seventh chords and their inversions:Major seventh, Minor seventh, Dominant seventh, Diminished seventh, Half-diminished seventh, Minor major seventh, Augmented major seventh
- Continuing a given melody
- Knowledge rhythmic values
- To harmonize a given soprano and bass using standard degrees and chords
- To analyze a given musical piece excerpt (for example, a Bach chorale)
Sections 1-5 and 8 I know how to learn to, 6 I think I do, but I have no clue how to learn for sections 7,9 and 10. Where can I learn this things?