Is there a name or word for the action of repeatedly and quickly strumming a single string on a guitar, ukulele, lute or other similar instrument?


Tremolo. Yes, it's also the name for a wangy bar that was coined erroneously by a certain Mr. Fender. Can be performed using a pick, or 2,3 or 4 fingers.

|improve this answer|||||

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.