My question is why or why not should I use the idea below:
So, regarding individual effect pedals in an signal chain, everybody has a different idea how to set the order, what to include when going on a solo or running clean, and again everybody has a different idea on how to do it.
My thought is a cheap and maybe lousy solution for my setup. It is to give selective DC power to specific pedals. Make a foot switched chain that gives power to the pedals that you want enabled for solo. This would sure require true bypass ones. eg: my setup in () the ones I want to enter in the solo, in  the booster which has no specific place and also may run all the time
guit -> whah -> (overdrive) -> dist -> preamp -> (chorus) -> (delay) -> [clean booster] -> power amp
- Everything must be true bypass
- Sudden spikes in noise or weird noises
- Maybe delay to the time where the effect is fully operational
- Not being sure if you have a pedal on or off (I mean its true bypass switch)
- Changing to a second configuration easily done
- Avoid the pedal dance...
Seriously, just press ONE switch and completely change configuration in pedals that could be anywhere in the chain
Would it work?