I am trying to understand the midi text files. I did two conversions using the site midi to txt converter, converting a drums only sample and a full midi song.
- The site gives you two possible formats, raw and delta. What is the difference between them ?
I attach two images, one is the drum track comparing raw and delta , the other is the full song comparing raw and delta.
- I named the columns 1 - 5 the raw and 1d - 5d the delta. I see the first column changing only. What is column 1 and column 1d ?
- My guesses for the rest of the columns, ch should be differents
instrument, v velocity and c midi channel mapping (the tone)?
- The tempo stamp at the beginning of the file is counted in what units?
- At the full song, before the columns, is some incomprehensible stuff (red box), what is that ?
- Column 2, on drum track is on/off, on the full song its Par/PrCh . Whats that and why is it different?
A link to a complete guide would be helpful also,