I have not been able to find an answer to this question, so I am asking it here. In this piece of music I am trying to play, there is a weird crescendo which looks like this:


So since that doesn't make any sense, let me explain: the right part of it:


is the normal crescendo part, and the left part is some weird thing that I don't understand. Is this just a style of older music, or does it have another meaning?

| improve this question | | | | |
  • 6
    Can you post a snippet of the actual score? That might be easier for people to grasp. – Mike Hildner Jun 21 '16 at 1:29
  • 3
    Hi Wacfeld. Until you add a picture or give us more information like what peice and what measuer , we won't be able to identify it so I put it on hold for now. Once it's updated we can reopen it and get you an answer. – Dom Jun 21 '16 at 2:59

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.