I am looking for the technique in jazz appearing in the video at at 6:30 where a piano player plays something like an arpeggio. What is it called or is it just an arpeggio?

  • It's certainly not an arpeggio. it's just a riff that gets repeated ad nauseum. He liked the sound of it, so kept playing it.
    – Tim
    Aug 19, 2016 at 19:51

1 Answer 1


As Tim said in the comments, its not an arpeggio. I would call it an ostinato

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.