My friend broke his guitar. It fell down and it broke near the tone control.

Can I in any way get it repaired? Here's a photo.enter image description here

  • Take it to a repair shop. At best it needs a new scratch-plate; we cannot tell any more from a photograph. – Tetsujin Nov 12 '16 at 15:06

At worst it'll need a new plastic scratchplate, which you could source, cut out, drill out for the pots and switch and screw holes.Or buy the correct replacement - quite available if it's a Strat, or Stratalike Not a difficult job for an inexperienced diyer, as it's only unscrewing - no soldering.

However, if you have all the bits, superglue would be a good move. Take the tone pot out first, though. It's all got to be unscrewed first. As a cheap and cheerful repair, a thin plastic or metal (aluminium?) plate could be fashioned to go under the tone pot position, and would hold in place with a couple of little screws.

| improve this answer | |
  • in 3d art classes, we used to buy a bunch of super cheap "for sale by owner signs" from the local hardware store, laminate them (glue them together), and then cut them to shape or heat-form them. Might be useful for this purpose. Then again,: mail-order a new one – Yorik Nov 15 '16 at 16:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.