I'm a beginner, what is the name of this technique?

enter image description here

Can someone tell me how to do this ? Actually, I've an idea, but it's not working, so I don't know if I'm right or not.


1 Answer 1


Looks like a slide up and down to me, but from 0 fret to 2 and back to 0 isn't easy. So, it , being legato playing, might be a hammer on and pull off. On 3rd string, play open, then hammer on to 2nd fret, then pull off, using the fretting finger, back to open note.

  • It would explain why I'm not able to do it if it's not so easy. :/
    – user34733
    Nov 20, 2016 at 18:42
  • 1
    The notation certainly calls for a slide and not hammer-on/pull-off. Slides from open strings are common in playing with bottlenecks. I have never seen it elsewhere though, hence my question above.
    – sobek
    Nov 20, 2016 at 18:44
  • It doesn't sound like a slide to me. Hammer and pull off .
    – Tim
    Nov 20, 2016 at 19:52
  • 1
    It's totally hammer on and pull off: youtube.com/watch?v=bhD9wjuw33E Nov 21, 2016 at 2:51

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.