I installed a new bridge pickup on my Telecaster. It worked briefly, but then no sound came out of it. The neck pickup still works. I tried installing the old pickup back into the bridge as well, but it also does not work now.
The setup is a 3-way selector, 1 Volume and no tone. In place of the Tone is a switch that reversed polarity. (This is a Ritchie Kotzen Telephone)
What I have done so far with my multimeter on 20K Ohm.
- Desoldered the pickup and tested wires. It reads 12.37, which is correct.
- Resoldered and tested the wires this way, it reads the same 12.37
- Tested the output jack by touching the tip and sleeve. The results in 0L.
- Switched to the neck pickup on the selector and tested output jack the same way. It reads 6.4, which is about right for the neck pickup.
- Still on the neck pickup, I tested by putting the black needle from the multimeter on the grounded lug and the red needle on the hot wire. It reads - 0.00.
- Still on the neck pickup, I change the red needle to the hot wire of the bridge pickup, it reads 12.37.
- Switched selector back to bridge. Needles on neck pickup, reads 0L. Bridge pickup reads 12.37
There are some weird inconsistencies going on here. The neck pickup works great, the bridge isn't making and output.
Any tips on what I should look for?