There is a stand to keep music sheets while playing the piano. It is also there for electronic keyboards, but it is made of plastic. What is this called?

  • The... music stand? Did you try a web search for "music stand" or "keyboard music stand" yet? Mar 26, 2017 at 5:22
  • I searched for music stand, but I only got the notation stand, not the one for keyboards Mar 26, 2017 at 5:51

1 Answer 1


It is often called the "music stand" but the correct term is "music rack".

It is sometimes also called the "music rest" or "music desk."

On portable keyboards, the "stand" is usally the part between the instrument and the floor, not the part which holds the sheet music.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.