I'm using an AKG P220 condenser mic, running XLR to the interface and then USB into my computer.
The microphone shows up as "Scarlett Solo USB" which is correct, but when I test the mic, it doesn't output any sound. I've downloaded the requisite drivers for the interface and whenever I speak into it, the gain ring lights up to let me know that it's actually getting signal, so I know the interface is working, it's just not piping anything to the computer from what I can tell.
Things I've tried:
- I've tried turning the gain and monitor both up to no avail.
- I've toggled the Direct Monitor switch on and off and still nothing.
- Phantom power is turned on.
- The interface is set as the default recording device in Windows.
- Running a test in Audacity gives me the error: "Error while opening sound device. Please check the recording device settings and the project sample rate." (both are set to 44100)
Again, the interface is clearly picking up the microphone, it's just that it's as if it's not being passed along to Windows properly, which is extremely odd.