- Went to music school (Percussion/Drums)
- Was taken out from music school due to the director inability to spell my mom's name and then we not receiving emails and then "not showing up on events", when they are only on email and we have told them it multiple times.
- Have learned piano a bit by myself, half year in music school but that was 1 note press every 5 seconds, what was not educating at all.
- Right now have no access to piano or such, but have access to computers (I'm "the hacker"/"the IT guy" or such) and I own a Launchpad S (with Live 9 Lite). I am also able to mix things with Audacity. I can even make some "songs" (with no words for now)
- I can say exactly what rhythms/beats and can sing good, tough can't say that this is C, this is A# or something like that, but I can find with some time some basic notes like from C, E, G I can go 1 up, 1 down and find eventually the notes.
I wouldn't need to even know what notes those notes are, if I would just sing. But I prefer digital or just sometimes to play some piano. Because I don't have access to piano, then I would prefer getting used to the Launchpad layout of keys (click here the keyboard is the 8x8 squares, divide it to half: right and left, then from bottom left to right (4 things) and then 1 row up and so on, left row top goes next to bottom right, each one is 1 semi-tone)
I can find everything by humming the tone I want, narrowing the note selection down, but that's slow. Does anyone have a way to help me get up to speed, when digitalising my mind music.. I can read sheets, but I don't prefer reading them, as if I play anything (Piano, Xylophone, Midi devices, some other note based instruments/tools) then I just memorise the song or such and playing the song, until I can play it good. I think it mostly happens, because every time I need to look at the papers, I need to find paper location, find the current location on paper and start reading, since playing for some time, I don't read any sheats, mostly I think because for example on xylophone I play pretty fast (record pretty much has been mortal combat theme (not selected by me) basically 2x the original speed)
So how should I approach learning Keys/Launchpad layout?