I'm not a music professional, and I just need enlightments about something I haven't found even after almost an hour of research over the web, google and stack exchange included.
I have any instrument, connected with MIDI->USB cable to my computer.
Drivers installed, some softwares I tested recognize my keyboard and are able to record some sound sometimes, when configuration is OK.
But now, here's my new need:
I'd like to know if there exists some kind of virtual interface, a software that will:
- Retrieve playing MIDI in realtime
- Pass it through some configuration (instrument, audio effects, whatever, even a simple instrument will be fairly enough)
- Output the "MIDI to sound" information into:
- A system input device (for recording, like, some "virtual input" I might use in softwares like Audacity)
- Or either an output device (to be able to listen in realtime to the generated sound with my headphones or speakers).
Does this kind of setup is feasible in any way?