These are the steps I followed to record the songs of my composition.
- Write a melody using Musescore with determined scale, key, time signature and tempo by selecting voice option.
- Write lyrics against the notes in each bar.
- Write chords, bass and other instruments, including intro and interlude, using various instrument sounds in Musescore.
- Final score is ready with intro, 3 verses, chorus and interlude with various instruments.
- Separate each instrument in Musescore and save each file individually, eg. Save voice in separate sheet, save chords (Guitar/Piano) in separate sheet, save each interlude instrument (flute, trumpet, piano, harp, xylophone, guitar, bass guitar) in separate sheet.
- Export each sheet of individual instruments to .wav format in Musescore.
Now all instruments in the song and the melody voice also ready in more than 10 individual .wav files.
- Open empty project in GarageBand and import the .wav file of each instrument one by one of full song.
- Insert drum part in GarageBand using GB drumset for entire song.
- Insert voice in GarageBand using GB voice option and connect USB Focusrite recording bundle and record the vocal.
- Export the song in .mp3 format from GarageBand.
The sound volume of the song is 30% lesser when I playback the recording compared to any other song of any album or any download from internet. Even at full volume in different music system, my file is heard at low volume.
Question: Is there any equaliser setting in GB which will help to improve the volume of song or is there any issue in this method of song recording. Help me to improve the song volume. Can moving to Logic Pro help to resolve this issue?