Ive been recently listening to kpop and i came across this song that piqued my interest:

At 1:06 the pitch goes down and it sounds nice, to me at least. Is there a name for this?

  • Are you talking about the bass that seems to "drag" and drop in pitch? – Dave Dec 2 '17 at 0:02

It's a chromatic shift downwards, from G#m through Gm into F#m. A Beatles song Listen, do you want to know a Secret' does a similar thing. Same key too, I think...

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.