I want to use my PC and my piano as audio sources but I still want to be able to use my built-in microphone for voice-chat as an example on the pc.
Now, since I have very little knowledge, to prevent wasting alot of money (~ 76€) I'd really appreciate it if you could look over my thoughts and make suggestions and give advices!
- Buy the M-Audio 2x2 audio interface
- Use a 3.5mm (male) to MIDI adapter to connect my PC's output to one of the interface's inputs
- Use another 3.5mm (male) to MIDI adapter and a 3.5mm to 6.35mm adapter (I didn't find any 6.35 (male) to MIDI adapters on amazon) to connect my pianos headphone output to the other interface's input
- Attach a 3.5mm splitter to my headset
- Use a 3.5mm (female) to MIDI adapter to connect my headset's headphone jack with one of the interface's outputs
- Directly connect the headset's microphone jack (with an extension cable) to my PC's microphone input
Do you think this could work and is the cheapest possible way? Thanks for your help!