I am transcribing Capella music. I came across singing from D# to B like a slide transcending without steps. How do I notate such a occurrence? Do I draw a line like a guitar slide? Or is there another way to notate this in Capella music?


Since that sounds a lot like a glissando (or portamento --- see here for a discussion on the difference), I would suggest the following, that is, one line connecting the two notes:

a vocal glissando or portamento

Also, see this answer for other vocal notation "quirks."

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.