I would like to find a device to measure humidity levels where I keep my guitars, but I don't even know what to look for. Is there such a device and if so, what is it called?

1 Answer 1


What you're looking for is called a hygrometer. You should be able to find one at your local hardware store, look for them near temperature and weather measurement devices.

For example, here's an inexpensive unit available at Walmart:

ThermoPro TP50 Hygrometer Indoor thermometer Humidity Monitor Weather Station

Ideally you will want to try and achieve humidity between 30 and 50 percent. How to do that depends on the climate in your area, as well as other factors such as your home's heating and cooling methods.

  • It's just the first one that came up.... :(
    – JYelton
    Feb 23, 2018 at 15:32
  • The answer is a good one and I've accepted it Feb 23, 2018 at 15:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.