I recently moved into an apartment, and gave my old amps to a family member. The apartment has thin walls, so I will almost always be wearing headphones while practicing. I mainly play bass, but may look at playing guitar more in the future. I am also interested in using effects pedals, mainly a looper. What sort of amp setup should I look into that isn't overkill for headphones but still allows for pedals? Is there any other type of tech I should look into for this?

closed as too broad by Dave, Todd Wilcox, MattPutnam, Doktor Mayhem Aug 29 '18 at 10:17

Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    There are almost too many options. You could do it all inside a computer, or you could by a modeling system, or you could assemble more traditional pedals with an amp that has a headphone out, or you could take a DI out from a traditional amp and run that to a mixer and take headphones out of that. This is almost too broad. – Todd Wilcox Aug 10 '18 at 16:44


  • Get a headphone amp
  • Get an amp with a headphone out
  • Get a 2-channel mixer
  • Get a looper with a headphone out

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.