What's this technique called that he is using on the chords in this song: I mean he is substituting a lots of chords...and it sounds great.


  • 1
    Ummm... Chord substitution? What exactly do you need clarification with? What types of chords he's playing, or just what the substitution of the chords is called? Because I don't think there's any better term than "a lot of advanced chord substitution". Congratulations on the Tumbleweed badge (although you're probably not reading this, considering you have one post and haven't been seen since January this year...). That's a very rare shiny you've got there.
    – user45266
    Apr 6 '19 at 1:29
  • thanks for your answer. What's a Tumbleweed badge ? Ok I see, I wanted to know if there's some kind of theory to this chord substitution I could read/practice, is there ?
    – Louis
    Nov 24 '19 at 20:30
  • 1
    Well, that's a very broad question, but yes. You could start by researching jazz chord substitution (I watched a lot of YouTube videos on that topic, and that helped me). Don't worry if it takes a while to figure out; it's a very detailed concept and there always seems to be room to improve.
    – user45266
    Nov 24 '19 at 20:45
  • Also, the Tumbleweed badge was retired since you earned it, if you're wondering.
    – user45266
    Nov 24 '19 at 20:47
  • ok I see what's a Tumbleweed badge ;) meta.stackexchange.com/questions/1576/…
    – Louis
    Nov 26 '19 at 8:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.