I use an Windows 10 PC with an audio interface. I connected an Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD by an USB2.0 port. Via my headphones, I can hear crackling noises. Especially in deep frequencies, the crackling gets louder.
I have tried the following points without success:
- I changed the interface by an Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen and the same crackling noises still appear. So, the interface is not responsible.
- I connected multiple headphones with the interfaces. The crackle noises appear with each one. So, the headphones are not responsible.
- I changed the latency in the interfaces multiple times and could not make any improvements.
- It doesn't matter whether I connect the device to the USB 2.0 or 3.0. Crackle noises appear less with 2.0 but they are still there.
- It does not matter whether I listen to music in the browser on Soundcloud or use my DAW. The noises occured with every software I used.
- It doesn´t matter whether I use the ASIO driver or the driver of the manufacturer of the interface. The crackle noises appear with both drivers.
- It doesn´t matter whether I change the sample frequencies (44.1KHz, 48KHz, etc...). The crackle noises still appear.
- The Scarlett Focusrite interface has a button labelled with 48V. When I switch this button on/off, in both cases the crackle noises appear.
- In Windows, I disabled "Fast Startup" and "Sleep" in power Options and restarted the computer. Here is an article. But it does´n help.
Note: When I record music via the interface and my computer, the crackle noises are not recorded. I only can hear the crackle noises via my connected headpohones when I play anything on my computer.
Who knows a solution for my problem?