I have these 5.1 speakers system which can be connected with a minijack 3.5mm Line IN and a digital piano (Yamaha P-105) which has the following ports:

in the back:

in the back

in the front (for phones): enter image description here

now I would like to connect the speakers to the piano so that the piano will be the input device and the speakers will play the output.

What options do I have?

If you give me a list of options I can see if I'm lucky and find some cable / device in my house, so I won't need to buy other stuff.

Thanks a lot in advance!

1 Answer 1


Two cables from the keyboard's Aux L and Aux R outputs, combining to a single TRS 'stereo' mini-jack plug.

You may have a stereo mini-jack to 2 phono plugs cable lying around. This is the standard computer 'soundcard cable' that connects computer audio output to a domestic hi-fi system. Add a couple of phono > 1/4" jack plug adapters.

enter image description here

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.