Example of notation in question used

(piano) I am currently working on a piece that heavily uses this notation to indicate jumping back and forth between notes, usually in a triad of some sort. What is the name of this notation and (not necessary) could you recommend any exercises to get better at doing them?


This is called tremolo, but it's not necessary to write that word in the score - the beamlets are well-known enough to get the meaning across.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.