I just bought an electric guitar (stratocaster), and I'm a beginner, so setting it up is a welcome and annoying challenge.
The issue I have is with the intonation. The high E is fine on the open string and on the 12th fret.
The problem comes on the rest of the strings:
- On the B string, I get a high E on the 12th
- On the G string, I get a high E on the 12th
- On the D string, I get a high E on the 12th
- On the A string, I get a high G on the 12th
- On the low E string, I get a high D on the 12th
Even if I moved down on B, G, D, it still stays on high E.
Also it looks like when going down from 12th to open chord it looks like it moves only 1-2 tones.
I tried to lower the saddles to be closer in height to high E, but I still have the same issues.
Any ideas what it could be?
Edit: Yeah, the problem was using the wrong tuner.