On the violin, you slide your fingers forward on a string (the D string as an example), and make a noise that sound something like this. What would be sheet music notation for writing that?

  • What I'm trying to do is called a Portamento. On sheet music portamento would look like this: ![Portamento](i.stack.imgur.com/fTVn8.png) This portamento indicates sliding fingers from G (On the E string) down to E (Open E string) – xilpex Apr 5 '19 at 22:53
  • 2
    Xilpex - please stop deleting your questions just because you get a downvote. You are likely to trigger automated question bans if you do this. – Doktor Mayhem Apr 6 '19 at 19:52
  • 1
    @DoktorMayhem I'm so sorry... I didn't know. – xilpex Apr 6 '19 at 20:15
  • 1
    @Xilpex Generally, we reserve deletion for more extreme circumstances, never simply because of downvotes. I like this question (though it's been asked before); I think it belongs on this site. Also, the system itself records self-deleted posts for this very reason, as User Doktor Mayhem has noted. I try never to delete my own posts unless I did something egregious like posting on the wrong site by mistake. The moderation/review queues will handle most minor issues. – user45266 Apr 11 '19 at 16:43

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.